Re: [Openvpn-users] How do you do it?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] How do you do it?
  • From: Dave Green <daveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:54:58 +1200

Rainer Sokoll wrote:

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 08:19:18AM +1200, Dave Green wrote:

Hi,

for the certificate. If the certificate files should get stolen they will be if no use without the password. And in any case, the cert can be revoked as well.

Please correct me if I'm wrong: In my understanding, a stolen certificate makes no danger at all. Without the private key, it is useless. You can even post your certificates on usenet ;-) But if, and only if, the private key gets stolen, then you have to revoke the certificate on the CA. Is that correct?

Rainer

True, but I guess my assumption was that if someone had access to steal the cert from the end user pc, they could also steal the key.

dg

-------- CAUTION: This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately via email and then destroy this message and any attachments.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
and may not necessarily reflect the views of Winstone Pulp International
Ltd.