[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN service dying after DNS failures

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN service dying after DNS failures
  • From: "Elford,Andrew [Ontario]" <Andrew.Elford@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:03:23 -0500

Unfortunately, I can't search the archive so I'm sorry if this has been
asked before...
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=8453 archive
doesn't seem to work)

When the main internet connection went down, obviously the tunnel goes
down.. But after 41 minutes the process completely dies:

Wed Mar 31 04:51:11 2004 200: RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address:
<dynamic domain name>: [TRY_AGAIN] A temporary error occurred on an
authoritative name server.
Wed Mar 31 04:51:11 2004 201: Exiting

All VPN services/processes completely die after this.  I use the init
script from the source tar to start them on boot.  Everything else works
fine.  Here's part of my config (edited):

# Our remote peer
remote <dynamic domain name>
float

ifconfig 10.2.0.2 10.2.0.1