Re: [Openvpn-users] New User Questions about OpenVPN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] New User Questions about OpenVPN
  • From: John Locke <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:48:09 -0800

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 16:33, Renato Salles wrote:

> Cyrus Mehta disse:

> > Question #2:  Given my local Windows Network at my office and my Samba
> > share at home, will I be able to browse Network Neighborhood on both the
> > work LAN and my server's LAN and see both workgroups (assuming they are
> > differently named)?
> Answer #2:
> Not sure. In the domain controller host you can see and open any share
> belonging to different Workgroups. Samba or native Win32. Maybe another
> subscriber can clarify this issue for us.

Maybe. In Windows XP, you can pull up multiple workgroups hanging off
the "Entire Network". I've done this with a mix of workgroups on a mix
of tunneled and local networks--no problem at all. If you have a Windows
domain at work, though, it might interfere with your ability to browse
other workgroups not recognized by the domain. Even if you can't browse
them, you can probably open servers by name (using a UNC path:
\\servername).

Cheers,
--
John Locke
Open Source solutions for small business problems