Re: [Openvpn-users] Routing problem with openvpn and host client

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Routing problem with openvpn and host client
  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:55:59 +0100

Il dom, 2004-03-07 alle 01:26, Renato Salles ha scritto:
> Remove it. Wait until the link comes up, and stablish the route again, but
> this time using the remote OpenVPN ip address as the next hop.

I have made this step - now route to 192.168.9.7 is by gw 10.1.0.1 (end
point fo tunnel on server side)

My .conf file at client side have an up command as:
/sbin/route add -host 192.168.0.7 gw $5
where 192.168.0.7 is target machine

On server machine same command is:
/sbin/route add -host 192.168.0.4 gw $5
where 192.168.0.4 is client machine

Packets go ok from client to server and to target machine but source
address is always 10.1.0.2, client IP address of tunnel.
Is this correct ?

Obviously, if I put on target machine a route to 192.168.0.4 using as
gateway my server machine I get correct replay.

> No, but you must allow FORWARD to the target machine packets from tun0 (if
> it's not already done).

Forward is allowed, according to documentation

Regards

Franco Spinelli