Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket ;(

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket ;(
  • From: "Renato Salles" <rsalles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:50:45 -0300 (BRT)

First, don't send html mail to this list, please.

I'm following the thread, and this behaviour sounds at least strange.

I had deployed many win2k istallations and never had a problem like that.
But every time i had to un/install the tap device this procedure was
followed by a reboot.

RSalles

vklengh disse:
> If anybody is interested about the registry changes that my w2k suffers
when installing openvpn i can provide them. This time i fixed the system
again with winsockfix, and theoretically openvpn cohexists now with the
working dhcp connection (not in the tap adapter), but i had to restore
the
> winsock. Is it my problem or any wrong handle in openvpn against w2k?
>
> Thanks and i'd be greateful if someone answered.

Winsock
> in order to connect again! So i said: "hey maybe it was not openvpn who
ate it". So i installed it again, rebooted, and
>   wala!!!! The problem appeared again! Why does it crush my other
adapters
> connection? :(  (in fact it seems that only breaks the dhcp subsystem
because if i put an static IP it can operate well.

>    thanks for your support

w2k pro, and after rebooting i have not internet connection anymore.
When i try to refresh the dhcp connection to my ISP, it nicely shows the
typical error that remembers me that.. something... hard is
> happening: "An operation was attempted on something that is not a
socket". Cool. And now?? I tried uninstalling the TAP device...

--
"A well-written program is its own heaven; a poorly-written program is its
own hell."