[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN over PCMCIA

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN over PCMCIA
  • From: Henri Wahl <henri.wahl@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:35:01 +0100

Hi World,
I am a very happy OpenVPN user - I have just one problem:
My setup is using OpenVPN to secure a WLAN, so it runs over connection created
with a PCMCIA card. Device tun0 points to eth0, which is in fact the PCMCIA
card. When the card is plugged everything works fine, but if I pull it out
and keep openvpn running in the background (too lazy to stop it, so it is
actually securing a non-existent connection), it soon tries to get all CPU
power it can get. This seems strange to me because right now there is just
NOTHING to do for it...
Is this a bug or a feature? How to fix this?

Cheers - Henri