Re: [Openvpn-users] Question on Configuring VPN with multiple nodes.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Question on Configuring VPN with multiple nodes.
  • From: Lehmann Guillaume <lehmann@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:51:47 +0100

Shashank Khanvilkar wrote:
HI,
Hi,

I appreciate any help here.

Assume that I have three nodes A, B, C and i need to connect them using openvpn. Also all three nodes are fully connected as below:

      / \
     /   \
    B-----C

As shown above, each node has two tunnels and there are 3 tunnels in all. My question is:

1. Will I have to use a seperate conf file for each tunnel at both the client and the server?

(I think Yes, since openVPN requires a seperate UDP port. Thus, since there are three tunnels in the above picture, one will have to repeat the same steps to create a single tunnel between 2 nodes thrice.. Am i correct?)
In my opinion, it is easier to make 3 pre-shared keys tunnels.
A pre-shared key for the tunnel A<-->B, an other key for the tunnel B<-->C, and an other for C<-->A.

So configuration files on A and on B, about the tunnel A<-->B, are symetric.
The same things with configuration files about B<-->C, and about C<-->A. So each node will have 2 configuration files.

Bye
Guillaume Lehmann