[Openvpn-users] Help with this simple questions

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Help with this simple questions
  • From: "Ricardo Lopes" <lopes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:58:59 -0000

I have to install a VPN between three places (A, B, C), the A is a Windows
2000
will be the VPN Server and the others are Windows98 and are the clients. I
have
the following questions and i would appreciate some help:

1) I only have to install OpenVPN in the Server, or i have to install it in
the clients too?

2) I read in the documentation that openVPN is compatible with windows2000
and
windowsXp, but is it compatible with windows98 ??

3) Can i use any client VPN software to connect to a openVPN Server ?

4) If installed as a service and configured the OpenVPN Server is started
automaticly
when windows starts, is it posible to make the clients connect automatic to
the openVPN
server when windows start without the need of any input from the user ??

5) A machine in a VPN has two ip addresses the original and the private or
do i have to
change the ip address of the computer so it doesnt conflict with the address
of another
computer in the other network? (this question may appear a newbie question
but i havent
found a answer to it)

6) I read in the Win32 Installation documentation that windows2000 doesnt
support
bridging, is it true? that means i cant make bridging in the scenario that i
mention
above?