[Openvpn-users] Windows Offline folders

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows Offline folders
  • From: Micha Silver <micha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 02:06:28 +0200

I've noticed a problem with WinXPPro remote users who have a network folder marked as "Make available offline".
When they're connected to the LAN, the folder syncronizes with a locally stored copy on the laptop. When they are away, and disconnected they see the local copy as if it were on the same network drive.
Now they start up OpenVPN, and they have access to *other* network drives, but that particular drive with the "available offline" folder still shows only the offline folder, and not the rest of the shared network resource.
I realize this is more a WIndows problem than Openvpn, but if anyone has come across the issue, I'd be interested to know.
Thanks,
--Micha