Re: [Openvpn-users] Client Windows Startup/Shutdown OpenVPN Service

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Client Windows Startup/Shutdown OpenVPN Service
  • From: "Renato Salles" <rsalles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:37:14 -0200 (BRST)

There is no need actually to start OpenVPN via batch file: you can install
OpenVPN as "service": look at the main OpenVPN menu entry. There is
already one option to do this. After that, you would go to the
Administrative Tasks and set the service OpenVPN to start at boot time
(auto).

HTH,

RSalles

Ryan Nielsen disse:
> I have Windows XP/2000 road warriors connecting to a linux server.
>
> Just wondering how any who use Windows clients have end-users starting
> and stopping the OpenVPN services.  I created a batch file to start
> OpenVPN, but even when minimized, it is in the way.  Someone has to have
> a better way to do this.  I'd like to create a little GUI box that could
> perform these services, but wanted to hear what some of you have done
> first.
>
> Thanks, Ryan

"A well-written program is its own heaven; a poorly-written program is its
own hell."
TAO of Programming - Book 4