[Openvpn-users] (no subject)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] (no subject)
  • From: "Renato Salles" <rsalles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:43:01 -0200 (BRST)

Hello list members,

I'm testing the new release of openvpn and we're having too many link
drops (don't know if it is a problem at the Win2k or Linux side).

The config parameters are as follows:

(Win2k)
remote 200.xxx.xxx.xxx
port 500x
proto udp
dev tap
ifconfig 10.0.5.1 255.255.255.0
secret the.key
cipher BF-CBC
ping 10
tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
verb 4
mute 10

The Linux side has it's configuration adapted to the Win2k VPN link.

The link is started, 1 mn. later i start transfer data with an internal
Kylix app, and suddenly the links becomes not responsive.
When restarted, the same happens.
In a test-mtu it was sugested to use 1572 for mtu value: i'm receiving an
error message trying to set in Win2k this value, so it's not possible to
do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

RSalles

(Please do not consider the .signature related in any way with openvpn
itself: it's used for me there are 2 years or more).

--
"A well-written program is its own heaven; a poorly-written program is its
own hell."