Re: [Openvpn-users] Weird issue with Winroute firewall and Open VPN - Nevermind

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Weird issue with Winroute firewall and Open VPN - Nevermind
  • From: "Rich Denis" <rich_denis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:47:40 -0600

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth, but I have decided, rather than trying to figure out this weird anomaly, I would just install the open VPN service on a machine on the inside of my network rather than on the gateway machine.  Everything is working fine now but now when I reboot the gateway, my laptop does not seem to re-acquire the connection once the gateway comes back online.  Is there some sort of setting that I can put in the config file to tell my laptop vpn to retry connections if it is broken on a regular basis?  Curiously, my laptop does not seem to recognize that the connection went down.  Any help with this would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Rich