[Openvpn-users] Weird issue with Winroute firewall and Open VPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Weird issue with Winroute firewall and Open VPN
  • From: "Rich Denis" <rich_denis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:46:44 -0600

Ok, I have been trying to figure out what this issue could be for some time now and I have not been able to come up with much.  I run Open VPN on a W2K3 gateway machine that is running Winroute Pro for the firewall.  Here is my issue.  If I run the Open-VPN setup on the machine I can establish a connection with from a remote client with no problems.   The problem I have is whenever I have to reboot my machine.  On every reboot, I run into an issue that I can not re-establish a VPN tunnel until I re-install the Open-VPN package on that machine.  I just re-run everything the adapter gets reinstalled with the same config information that I had previously and viola.  I have tried making the Winroute service dependent on the Open VPN service but that has not seemed to work.  Any ideas?

Rich