Re: [Openvpn-users] Problem running openvpn.1.5.0

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Problem running openvpn.1.5.0
  • From: Lehmann Guillaume <lehmann@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:55:15 +0100

Diego, Emil wrote:
I am trying to setup a vpn between my Redhat Linux 9.0 box at home and my
windows XP machine at my office.  I have the software installed and the
configuration files all set on both machines.  The problem is that when I
try to start openvpn on the linux machine I get the following error.

openvpn: error while loading shared libraries: liblzo.so.1: cannot open
Hi,

Have you got these package installed ? :
# liblzo-dev

When you start OpenVPN, do you use --comp-lzo option (if yes, try without) ?

Have you always got the problem after using this command ?
ln -s /usr/local/lib/liblzo.so.1 /usr/lib/liblzo.so.1

I installed liblzo version 1.08 on my linux box. The first time I installed it I didn't specify the --enable-shared option in
the configuration file, but I went back and reinstalled the package with it.
The shared lib is on the system. It's in /usr/local/lib/.

Is there some way to specify the directory that openvpn should search for
it?

Anyhelp would be appreciated.  Thanx.

I work on GNU/Linux Debian, so I hope theses solutions work on RedHat too.

Guillaume Lehmann