Re: Donations, was: Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridging Fun

  • Subject: Re: Donations, was: Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridging Fun
  • From: Glenn English <ghe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:00:30 -0700

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 16:21, AthlonRob wrote:

> > So please consider making some kind of donation if OpenVPN is important to
> > you.  And if you are business-oriented person, I would love to hear any
> > suggestions you might have on how some kind of business model could be
> > constructed around OpenVPN to ensure its financial survival.

I just did. Not as much as I'd have liked to, but...

> If you/OpenVPN are really hurting for money... you may consider
> soliciting donations through advertisements in the program itself... but
> I don't know how people other than myself would feel about such a thing.

Wrong, IMHO. Please no nagware. Mailing list notices, fine. Might put a
note in the dox, too (outstanding documentation, BTW -- got this n00b on
the air with very little bewilderment).

And sorry, Rob, for sending this to the wrong place a few minutes ago.

--
Glenn English
ghe@xxxxxxxxxxx