Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridging Fun

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridging Fun
  • From: AthlonRob <AthlonRob@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:38:31 -0800

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 15:39, AthlonRob wrote:

> Giving the Ethernet interface a routable IP address, on either of the
> hosts, instead of 0.0.0.0-promisc, made it so anybody on either network
> could see all of the other network.

Ahem... the bridging issue has been solved.  A typo.  I seem to be
making a lot of those in the last few days.

br0 on the 'bad' machine now takes packets appropriately.

However, the second network's bridge/vpn box still requires eth0 have a
routable IP address.  The main network's box works fine in
0.0.0.0/promisc - they are identical eepro chips.

I made a little bit of money off this setup; I will PayPal a few dollars
over after the check clears.

Rob