Re: [Openvpn-users] Newbie: VPN with virtual IP

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Newbie: VPN with virtual IP
  • From: Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:29:57 -0500

Hi Thomas,

It depends on what you'll want to use to connect the two networks. I use Linux at both ends connecting several Windows based network. Both ends will have to have access to the internet. In my case, each linux box have real world internet addresses connecting the 2 networks with a 2nd network card hooking into the local network. I'm using a TUN device between these two networks and I'm having Linux routing. Works very nicely.

If your going to use Windows as the tunnel server, I can't help here, but I'm sure there are several others here that can.

Doug

Thomas Heidemann wrote:

Hi list,

I'm new to OpenVPN (I havn't installed it yet). I have to implement a VPN over the internet to connect two networks (offices) together. The offices are located in different cities (which is not the problem :-)).

One office has an official IP adress range and the other has a virtual IP adress range (192.168.x.x/24).

So, is it possible to connect those two networks together with openVPN?

Thanks for your advice.

Thomas