Re: [Openvpn-users] 50+ clients, is it going to work?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] 50+ clients, is it going to work?
  • From: Raymond <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:53:08 -0800

> I would guess 50 clients would require adding more tun/tap interfaces to the kernel (IIRC the hardcoded limit wasn't that high?)...

What is the default tun/tap max on a Fedora 1.0 kernel build?

>  but as low horsepower as OpenVPN is, you should probably be able to get along okay.

True, but the real killer is the crypto selected; I have found
software-based triple-DES crippling on a lan or high-speed wan.
Requires  a hardware-based solution at BOTH ends in these environments.
This is one reason why I recommend AES for software-based crypto.

Raymond