Re: [Openvpn-users] resolv-retry for unlimited time?

> I wonder how can I use resolv-retry with an unlimited number of
> retries? Is this possible at all?

The following two patches allow resolv-retry to work forever if you call
openvpn with "resolv-retry=-1". Maybe the patch could be added to the
next  openvpn release?

Why not just use a big number for the resolv-retry parameter, like a month or a year?

I think that "missusing" a parameter to achieve a desired behaviour is common with software that is closed source. But with open source software I think it's better to create a patch. Using the documented -1 value with resolv-retry every one knows "ok, this should try as long as hell freezes" but using a large resolv-retry number this could mean something else, e.g. "Maybe I need to work around another piece of broken software?".

btw: openvpn is great. The stability over dialup lines is very good. openvpn will be available as a base packet with fli4l >= 2.1.5 (=> http://www.fli4l.de). fli4l is very common one floppy router in germany and has a big user base. Thank you for the good work.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de