Re: [Openvpn-users] dns resolving fail when openvpn is chroot()

I've create a fli4l (http://www.fli4l.de) package with openvpn that run
chroot to an empty directory. My problem is that dns resolving fails if
openvpn is running chrooted. Running without chroot works like a charm. I
tried to strace what openvpn needs to be able to resolv in chroot but I
failed. What env. is needed to resolv dns in a chroot?

I've solved the problem. The chroot directory was owned by root.root and that causes the problem. After changing the owner to nobody.root with 500 dns resolving work fine.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de