RE: [Openvpn-users] Multiple Windows clients to a Linux server

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] Multiple Windows clients to a Linux server
  • From: "Johnny Shih" <awei29@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:05:59 +1000

Hi John,

Firstly of all, just recently joined the list and would like to say hi to
you and rest of people here.  I am looking forward to sharing and
discovering the amazing things OpenVPN can do :)

Back to the topic, thanks for the DHCP tip.  Furthermore, say if I have a
lappy running Windows XP and want to connect it to my local LAN (say,
192.168.50.x, dhcpd, Linux server) from outside, using the bridged OpenVPN
server.  I am on an internet connection using a Windows ICS (so 192.168.0.x)
so when I connect the VPN through it, I can still get a DHCP lease (without
gateway information, of course), right?  Overall, the laptop has 192.168.0.x
at the physical Ethernet adapter and 192.168.50.x at the TAP-Win32 adapter.
I am wondering if there is any problem with this setup.  Would it affect the
LAN browsing using 'My Network Place', in both networks (the 192.168.0.0
where I remotely access my VPN and the 192.168.10.0, my local VPNed LAN)?

Also, what is a 'road warrior'? :P

Thanks guys,
Johnny