Re: [Openvpn-users] Multiple Windows clients to a Linux server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Multiple Windows clients to a Linux server
  • From: Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:51:30 -0500

I don't know, I set out to route.

I've gotten a couple complaints of how this wastes address space, so I've talked to our network administrator and asked if there was a way to reduce the waste of the address space. He said I could use a 255.255.255.252 subnet mask:

192.168.200.4 (NA) 192.168.200.5 - 192.168.200.6 192.168.200.7 (Broadcast)

192.168.200.8 (NA)
192.168.200.9 - 192.168.200.10
192.168.200.11 (Broadcast)

And you can figure out how the rest is continued.

I have not tried this yet, but will be within a day or so. This should quell some of the complaints of waste of the address space.

Doug

Raymond wrote:

.. the other taps had to be on completely separate network <<

If utilizing bridging, are the separate subnets for every tunnel still required?

Wouldn't this defeat a primary attribute of bridging: broadcasting?

Raymond