[Openvpn-users] OpenBSD compatibility

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenBSD compatibility
  • From: James Cammarata <jimi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:48:31 -0600

Hi, we are currently using an OpenBSD 3.4 box for out firewall/vpn gateway/web proxy server. It is running ISAKMPD/PF/Squid while most of our remote locations are using FreeS/Wan. We're trying to add Road Warrior capability to our VPN configuration, but I've read documentation that OpenVPN doesn't support IPSec/IKE. Is this true?

If so, I don't expect this to be added anytime soon, as the documentation stated it was excluded due to it's kernel space requirements. This was a major let down for me, I was really hoping to use OpenVPN for my company as we are very pro open-source. Can anyone suggest anything opensource that would work for what I want?

Thanks for any input,

James Cammarata
jimi@xxxxxxxx
www.sngx.net