Re: [Openvpn-users] Can I Use Open VPN for This ?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Can I Use Open VPN for This ?
  • From: "R. S. Patil" <kpr_rspatil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 00:24:55 +0530

Thanks for reply,

> Two questions:
>
> About a "daemon" that listen for incoming request (icmp type 8) at a
> certain address, and starts a script which fires up diald and stablishes
> the connection between two database endpoints - client and server.
>
> And openvpn working as this daemon.
>
> Well, if you use OpenVPN you just need this solution, and bye bye diald.
> Why use both to do the same job? If you company purchase 4 adsl links -
> cheap solution and it can be a adsl/pppoe with dynamic assigned ip address
> -  the connection remains always up you can connect the database endpoints
> trouhgh the vpn link.

Well First thing is that Place where these locations are situated
don't have any leased/cable modem facilities. The only option
available is leased line which is quite costly. So using existing
phone lines is the only option left with us due to cost of
permanent connectivity is very high.

So can u help me by suggesting a solution may be with
VPN or any other means like diald/pppd or any thing else
which will be suitable for connecting two lans ?

in short depending on URL/IP requested by Node
the Server should fire respective Connection.

Thanks once again

Best Regards

R. S. Patil