Re: [Openvpn-users] FTP Server behind firewall and routers

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] FTP Server behind firewall and routers
  • From: "Renato Salles" <rsalles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:13:43 -0200 (BRST)

Yes, and here goes the sugestion:
a) Configure the ftp server to use another port. In vsftp this is achieved
changing the parameters "ftp_data_port =20" and "listen_port=21"
U must set your ftp client to use the new ports also.

HTH,

RSalles

> Scenario:
> A FTP Server is behind a firewall and some routers and can not be accessed
> through the internet (configuration of firewalls and routers can't be
> changed).
> How can a user access it?
> My idea was that the user and the ftp server would set up a vpn (with the
> user as host, since the ftp server can't host..). Than the user could
> connect to the ftp server..
> But with this solution only 1 user can connect to the ftp server. I would
> like to have 10 users to access the server. Is this possible without
> having to have a single vpn with every user?
> Thx!

"A well-written program is its own heaven; a poorly-written program is its
own hell."
TAO of Programming - Book 4