Re: AW: [Openvpn-users] Problem with FTP

I have read elsewhere in this list that these types of strange occurances can be due to MTU issues. If you are using DSL PPPoe on at least one end of your vpn, then you really want to research this. Even though openvpn by default lowers the mtu for the vpn, your dsl connection needs to be lowered as well. Also, your firewall's mtu and or client may need adjusting.

>From my research, improper mtu seems to be the culprit in a large number of 'strange' network/vpn issues.