Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: can't get linux-windows working (newbie)

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: can't get linux-windows working (newbie)
  • From: Andrew Clarke <spam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:13:55 -0700

I don't understand what you mean about explicitly binding samba to an interface or address that the client can see.

It seems, though, that I am experiencing a problem with any non-trivial data transfer. For instance, I can ssh in, but if I try to do an ls -la on a directory, it locks up that ssh session. I can still open another ssh session though, so the tunnel itself is still up.

I know this issue has been discussed before on this list. As was recommended, I added:

tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix

to both config files but this hasn't helped. Thanks for any thoughts or pointers,

- Andrew Clarke.

cg@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Andrew Clarke <spam@xxxxxxxxx> said:

I have another question now though: When I try to use a SAMBA share, I
can see the shares, click on them, but when I try to drill down more
than 1 level, it sits there for a long time and then tells me it
couldn't connect and that I may not have permissions.

Can you see shares or machines advertising shares? The latter happened
to me when using WINS and Samba advertises for itself an address the
Windows box cannot reach. Explicity binding Samba to an address or
interfaces that the client should see fixed it.

OBTW: is the new tun support in Win2k usable? I'd like to use it (in
production), have some sites with modem/isdn dialup and every bit not
sent over the wire helps...