[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN performance

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN performance
  • From: "pieter claassen" <pieter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:36:02 -0000

I have been using OpenVPN for a while now between my office and home. I
find that it is really stable and even though I get minor performance
degradation with pinging (about 5%) I still find that I have problems
sharing information between my office and home. These problems include:
1. I cannot get my SMB environment to advertise on both networks. That
means I can get to SMB shares via an IP number but no more.
2. The pipe is fast on pings but I seem to struggle to get data through
it in volume. My windows machines crash every now and then if I open
files across the network.

So here are two questions, how do I specify bandwidth for the VPN pipe
and how do I get SMB to run across both networks?

Thanks,
Pieter