Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn -vs- masquerading

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn -vs- masquerading
  • From: Bob <thoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:00:17 -0400

In 3D4161DE.2080105@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bishop <bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I'm thinking there's a config option you're missing, but I haven't got a
> list of them handy.  Look for an option that pings the connection and
> keeps it alive.  It's made just *for* firewalls.
>
> Yeah, James thought of almost everything.

  It's the ping option.  It appears not to actually solve the problem
when I set it for a 45 second interval.  I can't bring myself to ping at
a shorter interval.  The most rapid I would be comfortable with is 5
minutes.

  A restart on the fixed side did not restore the connection.  I had to
restart the floating end.  That seems odd.