[Openvpn-users] Encrypted bridge using OpenVPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Encrypted bridge using OpenVPN
  • From: "Goldfinger" <goldfinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:00:23 +0300

Hi

I am looking for a possibility to create an encrypted bridge over Internet? The difference compared with "usual" VPN:n would be that you wouldn't have to adjust routings i.e. the machines on both LANs would be fooled to think that they exist in the same LAN. I think this to work would need the VPN to transfer multicasts/broadcasts and whatever.

The question is: what possibilities there are to accomplish this? Can it be done using OpenVPN?