[Openvpn-devel] RFQ: OpenVPN Constant Bit Rate (CBR)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-devel] RFQ: OpenVPN Constant Bit Rate (CBR)
  • From: "Glenn Powers" <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:23:59 -0600

I am interested in sponsoring the development Constant Bit Rate (CBR) support in OpenVPN, similar to Cisco's 1711 Security Router. CBR routers always send data at a constant rate, padding any unused bandwidth with random data.

A correct implementation of CBR show absolutely no changes in WAN traffic between sites, despite changes in real message traffic.

Please contact me privately if you are interested in working on this.

thanks,
glenn