[Openvpn-devel] Prefixed bytes

  • Subject: [Openvpn-devel] Prefixed bytes
  • From: Bram <openvpn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:50:59 +0100

Hello,

According to this message:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10639223 OpenVPN adds a
cleartext uint16_t length word before every packet, now my question is this: is
it always the same word? where is it defined/calculated etc?

I tried figuring it out by looking at logs of tcpdump but I was unluky, also
taking a look at the source code turned up some results but not quite what I
was looking for...

I want/need to know this to be able to use l7-filter (an extension to iptables
to be able to filter on the data of a package)...

Thanks,

Bram